Would you be interested in donating some of your spare time to help out at the zoo? You will meet new people as well as learning new skills in the care of animals.
If you would like to express your interest in becoming a volunteer here at the zoo we will provide all the necessary training for your volunteer role. All we expect from you in that you arrive with a smile and a willingness to work hard.
Types of activities you might take part in while you are volunteering:
- Helping the keepers look after the animals
- Preparing feed for the animals
- Maintaining the grounds – including sweeping, weeding etc.
- Helping the hosts look after our guests
- Helping out with our education programmes, including tours and workshops
- Helping with school groups
- Craft sessions
- Conservation awareness days
Things to consider:
- It is our hope that you can attend at least once per month so you get to know the place and feel part of the team
- Volunteers must be 16 years or over –there is no upper age limit
- We cannot pay travel expenses –please get in touch if you can get to the zoo easily
- Volunteers are mostly needed at weekends and school holidays
- All volunteers are required to carry out a DBS check prior to starting their volunteering which we will pay for. A DBS form and how to apply will be sent out to you once we receive your interest in the role
Please click the link below to complete an expression of interest in becoming a volunteer here at the zoo.
Become a Volunteer
Confidential Medical Questionnaire